Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Knitting Update

I finally finished those pants I blogged about... 5 months ago! I'm a slacker. But look how cute they turned out! I think they'll fit baby around 6 months. I can't believe that I haven't finished a baby project since September, by the way! I need to get cracking!

Here is the pattern: http://alison.knitsmiths.us/pattern_baby_bell_bottoms.html

The bottom of the pants in Garter Stitch

I used a cashmere blend wool - DomerBaby is Posh!

Look, I learned to do an "I-Cord" - but it's for show. there is elastic inside

Technically they were supposed to be newborn sized, but the inseam was so long I made the hips longer and turned them into a 6mo size. From what I hear this should work out pretty well.

By the way, I'm a total failure at the stitching things. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make the mattress stitch hide! Maybe next time.

I also made a scarf for myself... I meant to have it finished by the time we went to Pittsburgh in December, but scarves take *way* longer than I remember. I ended up finishing it in time to wear it for one day in Minnesota. "Luckily" it's been cold here, so I've been wearing it the last couple of weeks in Atlanta, too!

It matches a pea coat that I *just* barely can still squeeze into.

Isn't that pretty yarn?

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP