Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Plugged Up

The last few days I've been working through my first plugged duct (nursing). It's just like it sounds - there are lots of ducts in a woman's breast where the milk flows through, and sometimes they get plugged up. The spot gets hard, painful, and turns red. After lots of good advice (thanks everyone!) it appears that I was able to get it cleared up pretty quickly. I am just glad it didn't turn into mastitis (a breast infection)!

Here's what worked for me:
1. Hot compress (I used the hot sock I made for labor)
2. Massage the area
3. Nurse lots - On the bright side since I pumped the other side I got a record (for me) 4 ounces at once!

Hope this helps someone else! It never got too painful for me, I think maybe I caught it early since we were just talking about it at my LLL meeting last week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP