Thursday, September 2, 2010

Good in Theory

Last night I spent some time reading about Elimination Communication. It's basically trying to figure out when your baby goes to the bathroom and getting them to the toilet before they pee on you.

Many people advocate leaving your older baby pants free at home, so you (and they) can tell when they pee right away and hopefully avoid a mess by seeing the signs that it's about to happen.

I thought, heck, that shouldn't be too hard, right?

It's OK, you can laugh, it is funny.

1 carpet accident, and 4 (FOUR!) kitchen floor accidents, and 2 overflows on the high chair (sitting on prefold) later, and I'm pretty convinced that Joseph will wear diapers until he's 16.

At least I should be able to teach him to do the cloth diaper laundry before then, right?

In the meantime, I was happy we had Resolve for Pet Stains on hand. Just another way babies are like dogs.

3 comments:

One Artist a Day September 2, 2010 at 11:43 PM  

We basically have to because Lincoln has some skin problems being in diapers at all. Ahh. We have had to successes over the past two weeks! ;( I think the optimum time is when they are just born so it is normal. But someone told me there is a window before they are 18 months and then you basically have to wait until they are 3 or work really hard at it.

Megan September 4, 2010 at 8:57 PM  

We had a carpet accident tonight...only one "catch" in the toilet during our first week of EC. Oh well!

Emily Kornelis September 16, 2010 at 10:22 PM  

My cousin did this with her boys and I think she had decent luck. I don't know all of the ins and outs though.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP