Thursday, February 24, 2011

FO: Baby Layette

Before I became a super knitter (I kid!) I used to mostly knit small items like... baby hats. Lots of baby hats. They take very little yarn, so I'd generally just buy one or maybe two skeins to use later for projects.

So now, I have a couple of bins full of 1- and 2-skein color lots. One of my knitting goals this year is to "destash" my yarn of such things, and in the future to buy yarn for specific projects as needed.

When I had to frog my tank top, I wanted to get knitting right away but lacked yarn and a plan for an adult sized project, so I reverted back to baby things. I managed to knit a sweater (needs buttons when I figure out if it'll be for a boy or girl), hat, booties AND a baby toy with 2 skeins of random yarn! Woo hoo! I do have a few pregnant friends, so I have plenty of choice for a good home for them.


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP