Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Little Apartment in the City

The other day, I channeled my inner pioneer. In the morning, I hosted a bread making playdate, and taught 9 of my mom friends how to make bread the easy way (google "Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes per Day" if you are interested). I made the equivalent of 9 batches of dough the night before (which took 25 minutes to make - I said it was easy!) and spent the morning before they arrived baking. We had 2 loaves of wheat, 2 boules of white, a coronne of white, a loaf of french bread, and 2 focaccia. I sent the last piece of dough home with a friend to make a pizza.

Nom nom nom
Cole was stoked that he got to take the pizza dough home!

That evening, I started peeling apples. Peel, peel, peel. Chop, chop, chop. I ended up with my 8 quart stock pot completely full of apples! Cook, cook, cooked it down, and blended it with my stick blender. Then I used my new hot water bath to can them! I ended up with a little over 4 quarts of applesauce. It was a little time consuming because of all of the steps, but the actual prep time wasn't much - maybe 25 minutes of peeling and chopping. The whole process took me a couple of hours. Next time I won't use an entire tablespoon of cinnamon, though - apparently 1T for a gallon of applesauce is a bit much. Still tasty, though! T.J. and Joseph are already digging in!
First 4 jars - all of them sealed!

I finished out the evening by continuing work on my knitting - Joseph's stocking... Gotta get that done so we can decorate the new house! Closing is 2 weeks and a day away!

click-click-click

It was a fun mix of old world turned new world activities. Joseph had a great time playing with his buddies, too!

Joseph was doing laps babbling and laughing - it was uber cute.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP