Thursday, October 16, 2008

This was a red-letter day!

The dam has broken on my writer's block!

1. The ultrasound and appointments. We met with the other hospital midwife today, Margaret. She is really great. I like her a lot. Very informative. Everything is going well with me, my blood pressure is low and everything they test for is normal! I don't think I mentioned below that the baby is transverse (lying sideways). That's probably why my belly is so big right now! ---> 19w5d picture

2. We went baby shopping. It was just fun to look. We examined strollers, carseats, and rocking chairs. This will come as no surprise to our mothers, but of course we liked the most expensive rocking chair in the whole store! Haha!

3. T.J. felt the baby! The look on his face was so great, he was so pleased! Apparently pineapple really gets DomerBaby going! Every time I ate a piece I'd get a big thump, so I had T.J. sit still with me and we didn't have to wait long for the party. It was just so great. He got to hear the heartbeat and feel the baby kick all in one day.

4. I just got kicked so hard that it sort of freaked me out! It was very alien-like. For a sec I was like, dang, I wish T.J. was still here - this is scary! But then I came to my senses.

T.J. flew back out today for Philadelphia (he flew in last night for the ultrasound). He'll be spending the weekend up there with his brother Jake, and is planning to come back home next Thursday. I told him I might be unrecognizable by then!

PS. A little note about the weight post. I'm not overly worried about my overall weight gain, just the exponential shape of the chart. 4lbs in 2 weeks isn't healthy *when it's because you eat donuts and pizza*. But now that I can control my time better, I'm not worried that we can turn it around and do the best for DomerBaby. We need to introduce the little one to fruits, veggies, whole grains, and healthy fats!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP