Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Should we name the baby Murphy?

T.J., baby and I are safely in Key West, but not without some mishap! We arrived safely by plane, only a half hour late, and got a cab to our hotel. Like good little riders, we buckled up. Except when we got to the hotel, my seat belt did not come off!

First, the driver tried to blame me, saying I put it on "backwards". Uh huh. Then he refused to let anyone cut it off until his manager arrived 20 minutes later. (eye roll). The manager and the owner of the cab company - who I talked to on the phone - were both very nice. The Westin Resort sent their manager out, as well as their head engineer. It was quite a spectacle. I think they were terrified I'd pitch a fit and/or go into preterm labor! I don't think they realized that the most pressing problem would most likely be my bladder. Hehe.

Luckily the manager arrived after a while and agreed that I must be cut out of it, and I was free! DomerBaby did not like being stuck any more than me. The seat belt got really tight from everyone pulling on it, so it was not the most comfortable 20 minutes of my life, but luckily we are all safe and sound here. I think we'll walk to dinner!

More later of our mis-adventures in Key West!

2 comments:

Grandma Pat November 12, 2008 at 8:27 PM  

Wow, that was awful... Poor you AND your bladder. Hope you have no more adventures like that, only happy ones!

Unknown November 13, 2008 at 11:24 AM  

Oh my goodness! Glad you finally got out okay.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP