Friday, April 10, 2009

Joseph is 1 month old!

Actually, he's one month and one day, give me a pass - it's been quite a week!

Yesterday was pretty crazy - I think I'm coming down with some moving-stress induced baby blues. Between trying to pack and take care of Joseph, and T.J.'s long work schedule and recent sinus cold, things are piling up a bit. Luckily I have reinforcements coming over the next week to do some baby-holding while we pack!

Joseph and I did lots of nice things together - we played on the bed and I sang him silly songs while I showered, but we also cried together out of tiredness and frustration. We can't wait till next weekend when moving is done! Then we'll just have to devise ways to get Daddy home early - I'm thinking of kidnapping the guy that he is working for that always stops by T.J.'s office at 5:35. Just kidding... sorta.

Anyway, things are much better today, thanks to "Things Joseph can do now" (see #2 below!):

1. almost fool me into believing he's smiling at me (I think it's still just gas)
2. sleep for a four hour stretch (!!!) without eating - he did it last night!
3. hold his head up for quite a while when held upright on our shoulders, and turn his head when laying on his tummy.
4. follow objects with his eyes and head

I did take pictures yesterday, but haven't had time to upload them because of the moving stuff. I'll try to get them up this weekend!

We are off to a lecture this afternoon by Dr. McKenna (uber famous ND anthropology professor and preeminent researcher and proponent of the family bed). More about that later!

2 comments:

Kathy April 10, 2009 at 12:51 PM  

I'd be overwhelmed too...hang in there! Hopefully soon you'll be packed and settled in your new place, Joseph will be sleeping even better, and you'll be more relaxed! :-)

Grandma Pat April 10, 2009 at 2:36 PM  

We picked the wrong week to come down, we might have been more useful this week or next, boo hoo... We need to hit the lottery, fast! So hard to be so darn far away...On the bright side, maybe it's not gas!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP