Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Fun Up North

We traveled to Michigan for Taylor and Todd's wedding on Saturday. We had the.most.gorgeous condo that we shared with our other friends, which looked onto the East bay of Lake Michigan in Traverse City. I mean, it was out of this world. 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, huge great room with everything top of the line, and fit all 10 of us comfortably! Joseph was in heaven from all the attention and excitement, and I was in heaven from being around all of my best friends. ::sigh:: It was hard to leave.

Joseph did really well on the flight and the 5+ hour drive from Detroit. We flew on Wednesday and drove up on Thursday, which definitely helped.

We went wine tasting (There is a penninsula that actually makes decent wine due to some freak climate conditions) on Friday, the wedding on Saturday, and to Saginaw to visit some more friends on Sunday. It really couldn't have been a better trip. I could go on all day, but the point is that it was awesome. Tay, your present is in the mail! Have fun in Sonoma!

I have lots of pictures on our smugmug page, but here are a few favorites:


Emily with Joseph
Kathy and Pat in the kitchen
Kyle and T.J. manning the grill
Teresa and Mike fooling around (how is this the only picture I have of Mike?)
Tay and her dad on their way down the aisle
The whole crew after the wedding. Oops - we forgot Todd!

Emily and I at cocktail hour. I drank a fabulous Michigan wine - Chateau Grand Traverse Gamay in case you are wondering!

T.J. and I during dinner
How T.J. spent the whole night - what a trooper!
Mike, Kathy, and Teresa getting down
Kathy, Teresa, Tay, me, and Emily - Yey for the 7B girls!

1 comments:

Lauren August 12, 2009 at 8:54 AM  

We love that Gamay! We're lucky that it's sold in some of our local wine shops here in Michigan. Yum!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP