Thursday, August 13, 2009

Health update

Joseph had his second appointment with the audiologist yesterday (the first one was inconclusive) and passed with flying colors! I also made sure that it's OK to have him at places like weddings, so T.J. doesn't feel compelled to give him "ear muffs" anymore (how cute is that?)


Anyway, today we went for Joseph's shot visit, and I had them do a weight check. He's now 13lbs 14oz, so he's gained 9 oz in a month. Not too bad. I stretched him out to get a quick height measurement, and by my crude calculations he is 26 inches!

Per an online calculator, that puts him between 5-10% for weight and between 25-50% for height. We'll see how that stacks up next month. I'm sure that the pediatrition will give us the side-eye for him being even tinier, but I think he's generally been gaining 1/2 lb per month lately. I am curious whether she will suggest putting off solids since he will not hit the "double his birthweight" milestone usually suggested. I'll have to make a note to ask her about that.

He was a real champ with the vaccine - he only cried for about 10 seconds.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP