Tuesday, March 3, 2009

39w4d Prenatal Update

Everything is going great! My blood pressure is still low (106/72 at Charlotte's - She asked me if I wanted to take a nap. Ha!). I gained three pounds since last week though. I'm hoping it's water weight? Oh well. Nobody seems concerned with my weight gain, and all the midwives insist that breastfeeding will help me get back to a normal weight quickly. I choose to believe them!

The baby is moving like crazy, and confounded Charlotte based on it's position today. She thinks it may now be in the LOA position, which would be the most preferable position possible. Last week it was ROA, so who knows. I'm not exactly sure if it's like that... I feel the bum mosly up on the top right side, but she got the heartbeat down on the lower left side. Basically, our baby is goofy. We're all just hoping that it does not go posterior (it's back facing my back) because that can make for a long (painful) labor, and Charlotte is still concerned about my uterus getting tired with the low platelets.

I told baby that we're ready for it to come out, so it doesn't really have to wait for St. Paddy's day, even though that's what I tell everyone to temper their excitement. I guess we'll start chatting about having a nice fast labor, too, to ease Charlotte's mind. Me and the baby are tight like that - we talk all the time!

Charlotte said that we won't have to worry about doing any internal checks unless I go past 41 weeks, so that she knows what's going on there and can recommend some stuff to get labor going. So we'll see where we're at next Friday!

1 comments:

Rachel March 4, 2009 at 7:47 AM  

Congrats on a healthy checkup!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP