Monday, March 16, 2009

Wow - Look What I Did!

Wow - Look what I did!!! That is approximately 1.5oz of pure liquid gold. I am so proud of myself and my body, and amazed at what it can do for Joseph.


I am beyond thrilled that breastfeeding is going so well for us - it's something I really want to do and I feel lucky that it's working out. I attribute it to all the ice cream and chocolate I ate during pregnancy. Haha!

And if you think it's gross - I don't want to hear it. It's pretty much the coolest thing I've ever done after growing a baby, so keep it to yourself.

4 comments:

Mindy March 16, 2009 at 4:57 PM  

I think that's freakin' amazing!!! Way to go!!! That's alot for a one week old!!! The lactation consultant I shadowed said that a microbiologist once tried putting different things her own breastmilk (in petri dishes), and she tried cancer cells, and right away they died on contact. Pretty cool!!!

cjeanette March 16, 2009 at 7:52 PM  

Once I had double that amount of milk and I knocked it over. I cried. True story.
-CJ

erin March 17, 2009 at 1:23 AM  

it is amazing, isn't it? i have been breastfeeding lucy for 10.5 months--the sheer # of gallons of milk my body has produced for her is mind-blowing to me! wishing you continued success!

Anonymous March 23, 2009 at 3:41 PM  

It truly is amazing. I remember just crying with joy when my milk came in 3 days after birth. Unfortunately, for many many reasons, it didn't work out in the long term for us. I so wish it had. Still not over it. But I definitely don't understand those who think it's "gross." It is the most natural and beautiful thing I've ever done in my life! I'm hoping for a second chance the next time around!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP