Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Hippy dippy

I went to yoga tonight, and it was my favorite session yet. Tonight we practiced sounds at the end (for labor). We were all making these melodic "aaaaaaahhhhh" sounds for like 5 minutes - like a choir. It really did sound like a choir. Or a chant.

Anyway, I don't know if it was the vibration of the sounds, or the group-ness of it, or because you run low on oxygen (it focuses on lengthening exhales), but I got this really really neat feeling of largess and well being. Like I was the focus of the world. And it felt like I was just... big. But in a good way. Like puffed up to 2-3 times my size. It was like, if I was dough, I had risen and was now 3 times bigger.

I know, totally strange. But it was amazing. I felt fantastic afterwards. My mind was totally racing afterwards, which is bit strange because usually I'm all mellow. This time I was so excited and refreshed. I can't wait to try it in labor.

I'm officially a hippy freak.

1 comments:

Dissident Doula December 4, 2008 at 11:45 AM  

I think it's wise to get comfortable with vocalizing because you'll most likely be doing lots of it. I credit making a long 'Aaaahhh' sound with getting me through my last labor unmedicated, whereas with the first one I felt more inhibited about making noise and needed pain relief. It's not hippy, it's smart!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP