Saturday, May 2, 2009

Grumpy Baby Walks

All the new things Joseph is learning and seeing has taken a toll on his psyche. He gets extremely irritable every few days. It mostly manifests itself in the evenings, and nothing cures it except a walk outside. The wind in his hair really gets him! Even when he's upset in the car if we roll down the windows it calms him some.

Luckily, both mama and baby enjoy the quiet walks, with Joseph all wrapped up in his Moby or slung in his ring sling. Hopefully as it gets hotter and he gets heavier we'll still be able to use this technique!

So far T.J. and I both really enjoy baby wearing. Besides it making Joseph happy (and frankly, nothing else matter when he won't stop crying!) it's pretty comfortable and easy to get around when he's just strapped to your body!

We've been all over the place in our baby-wearing devices. We have gone sight-seeing and to restaurants with the moby (also good for nursing), to IKEA, a bar (hehe - it was non-smoking) and various other errand running in the ring sling, and to Piedmont park in the Ergo.

A couple of weeks ago we purchased an infant car seat and snap'n'go for Joseph and my upcoming trip to Chicago/South Bend to see Teresa and Taylor. I figured that to get through the airport with Joseph, a car seat, and luggage I needed a stroller. Since we don't have one yet, this contraption seemed the best route. Anyway, since we had the "bucket seat" lying around, I carried it down to the garden (info re: garden in future posts) with Joseph in the ring sling so that he could sit comfortably while I worked. On the way back I carried him in it. Holy hell. They are so heavy - with or without a baby. I do not get how we see people walking around with these things constantly - with babies in them, no less.

I swear to you on all that is holy, baby wearing is so much easier if you don't have a medical reason not to do it. Really and truly. Plus, Joseph attracts all the ladies to him - he's usually the only baby NOT in a bucket with a shade covering him all up! I suppose some would consider that a downfall, but it's nice to have people stop and comment on how adorable he is!

I consider it a service to my fellow citizens to spread the cuteness of Joseph over the greater Atlanta area!

Moby wrap:

Ring Sling:


Ergo:

2 comments:

Lauren May 3, 2009 at 8:44 AM  

You look fantastic, Jen! Glad to hear you love babywearing - we can't wait to start!

Megan May 3, 2009 at 9:21 AM  

Glad that babywearing is going well. I too, cannot see how people carry around those bucket seats with the baby in them! I had a hard time carrying them around the store when we were testing them out-empty! Crossing my fingers that baby Julia will like her wrap!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP