Thursday, May 14, 2009

Photography class

When February hit this year and I realized that Joseph's birth was imminent, I decided that I'd better find something to do with myself at least once a week that did not involve him to give my mind and my arms a break. Since someone had to take care of him, that meant no T.J. either. Left to my own devices and with some help from local friends, I found a fantastic photography course.

T.J. and I had purchased a digital SLR camera around Christmas time, but I'd never really taken it off of auto. If anyone knows photography, they know that it's complicated! It was really overwhelming to read about, so a class made perfect sense. I've had 3 sessions now, and I'm well on my way to understanding the basics of photography. So far we've learned about aperture, shutter speed, ISO, metering, and composition. I have to admit, I didn't think learning to use the camera would require quite so much thought! It's sort of a bummer that there are so many elements to taking a great picture, but I guess that's what makes it interesting as well, right?

So, if you notice a change in the quality of photographs on here, it might just be that I set the camera to manual and tried my best. :)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP