Thursday, September 24, 2009

"Photographs" In My Mind

There are some things that, though I have tried, I can't capture on film. Generally, these are the things that I a lot, but they happen while I've got Joseph with two hands. I wish I could have them on film, because I feel like they will fade away and I'll forget as he gets older.

Maybe I can at least look back at this post and remember:

  • His expression after nursing when he was a newborn - "Blue Steel"
  • The feel of him clutching me lately - not digging in to me or pulling my hair, but just hugging me close.
  • Joseph giving me a kiss after the "hug". I don't think the hug is intentional in the way we hug, but I do think the kiss is.
  • When he gets playful - usually after a long nap in the Ergo - and leans way back, looks up at me and his eyes just sparkle. Then I give him a little peck on the nose or mouth and he laughs - he has this low chortle laugh that cracks me up.
  • Joking around while we nurse - he'll start smiling mid-suck. It's so cute.

2 comments:

Unknown September 24, 2009 at 10:34 PM  

*tear*

Grandma Pat September 25, 2009 at 10:28 AM  

I only wished I had written so many things down when my guys were growing up. I thought I would remember them all, in detail, and find I just remember there were things I wanted to remember, but can't remember the actual things, got all that? So sad I didn't record moments, feelings, little tiny events. Glad you are!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP