Tuesday, January 13, 2009

32 week prenatal appointment

Today was our 32 week appointment. T.J. is in town, so he came to the appointments today. First we went to the hospital midwife. We saw the new midwife there, Diane. She was really nice. T.J. liked her the best of the three that do the hospital births. I liked her, too. She was very open to my questions - she actually seemed quite pleased that I was asking them! Nothing like having your questions and concerns validated.

My blood pressure looks great - 110/60 there and 100/68 at Charlotte's house. Usually they are much closer together, but I was feeling a little anxious at the doctor's office because they were running late and we tend to be late to Charlotte's a lot! I gained 3.5 pounds this month, and Diane said the baby was "small, but in a good way". I'll take that! I'm up a total of 32.5 pounds now, ironic that I'm 32.5 weeks pregnant. Looks like I'm on pace for 40lbs - a little over the recommendation of 35, but not by much. I can deal with that. We got to hear the heartbeat, but it's really superfluous at this point because the baby is a mover and shaker... There is never any doubt that everything is OK in there! The baby is still head-down, and I think in a relatively decent position for birthing.

Diane asked us if we had a pediatrician yet (um, no). Then she asked if we have a car seat (negative). So tonight I went ahead and ordered the car seat tonight, great timing because it was on clearance! I picked up a seat protector for the car as well, and a few side-snap t-shirts for DomerBaby.

Now we're going to appointments every two weeks - we go back to the hospital midwives on January 30 - I'll be 35 weeks. We have the GBS test then, which involves a giant q-tip and no pants. Ha! And we've tentatively scheduled our home visit with Charlotte for February 2. If the groundhog sees it's shadow does that mean the baby is coming early? Haha. And then after that I'll be going weekly to both practices! I can't believe how close things are getting.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP