Monday, January 12, 2009

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

The good:
- I still sleep through the night; no getting up to go to the bathroom for me!
- Baby is doing excellent things for my skin
- My belly is still outpacing the rest of my expanding body parts, so most people think I'm "all belly". Muahaha, I have them fooled!
- DomerBaby is so easy going! I don't get kicked in the ribs, hardly ever get heartburn*, and baby moves lots so I never worry.

The bad:
- Leg cramps. I am now terrified of labor pains, because the other night I awoke to a cramp in my calf AND along the front muscle (you know, where you get shin splints). To stretch one, the other had to be contracted, and the pain was excruciating. Poor T.J. woke up to my sobs because I didn't know how to fix it. Eventually it came out, but my leg has been sore since it happened last Thursday night. Every time something painful happens to me I try to compare how that will feel compared to labor. That's why I get scared... I've never had any truly painful experiences. Le sigh.
- *Heartburn; when it strikes, I feel like I'm a fire-breathing dragon
- Hormones. I feel a bit more even keel lately, but I'm concerned that I'm just used to my behavior at this point!

The ugly:
- I have a double chin. It bums me out. I can't lie... I was really hoping not to get pg fat-face, but I knew it'd happen. Darn chocolate.
- I'm down to one pair of jeans, one pair of sweats, and one pair of work pants. Yikes! I don't know if I can go 2 months with one pair of work pants, it may be back to the store this weekend. Luckily I have a plethora of pajama pants that fit!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP