Wednesday, January 14, 2009

DomerBaby will have diapers!

Wow, I think I bought out the internet today!

We now will have a sufficient diaper stash to last us through at least 15 lbs, and I only need to add about 10 diapers to complete the 16-20lb stage. That should get us through year one (or beyond, if DomerBaby takes after T.J.!).

We have an assortment of prefolds, fitteds, pockets, and all-in-ones, so I'm sure we'll like *something* that we are using! Since the prefolds and fitteds make up the bulk of our stash, and they require covers, I finished stocking up on those, too.

I got two cute new Thirsties covers in red and melon, and a few plain white prowraps that are excellent for newborns because of the cord cut-out.

Besides diapers and covers, every CD'ing family needs a wet bag or two (for taking home wet nappies), a diaper pail and liner, wipes, and snappies. Snappies are those little three-pronged things pictured below. The ends have ace-bandage type claws that hold the diaper together, so you don't have to use PINS. Yey for my fingers!

I still have to make a bunch more wipes, make some larger sized diapers, and get a diaper pail and liner, but we're very close to done on the diaper business. So far I've spent a total of $309 on diapers and accessories.

That would get us about... 4-6 months of disposable diapering, I'd assume (not including the cost of disposable wipes). And I'm hoping that a lot of this will last through Baby #2 and beyond. Not a bad investment!

My major prize today though was an Ergo baby carrier - normally $105, I got it for $70! Yey for clearance! I got it in black and cranberry (this picture is all cranberry), and ordered an infant insert in a tan color so that it'll work from the time DomerBaby arrives. It is kind of back-pack like, you can wear it front or back actually. Look how happy we'll be!

1 comments:

Molly Darling January 20, 2009 at 3:40 AM  

Your blog is a great resource for CDing! Have you looked into Crunchy Clean detergent? A nestie friend of mine makes it, and it's great for cloth diapers! crunchyclean.com- and no I'm not spamming you! We use it for our everyday clothes :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP