Saturday, January 31, 2009

35w Prenatal Appointment

We just had an appointment with the hospital midwives yesterday - we'll see Charlotte on Tuesday. Baby was 35 weeks on the dot, and they have us going back weekly now. I am so not excited about that. It's about 45 minutes away from our house, and T.J.'s work is going to be picking up so I'll most likely be going on my own after next week. Maybe the baby will come early so we don't have lots of appointments!

I weighed in first. I had a growth spurt last week - as the belly pictures show - and it turns out I'm +37 for the pregnancy. Yikes! I gained SEVEN pounds this month. Oh well.

My blood pressure was up a tiny bit, but it's well within "normal". We also did the Group B Strep test and they did a full blood panel to check on my platelets and red blood to make sure it's not getting worse. I'll find out about those tests on Monday.

Kay listened for the heartbeat, and she thinks it's a girl from the heart rate. It's so weird to see the hospital midwives in action though - she never actually times the rate, just listens, and they never measure my belly either. She felt the baby though and estimated it to be around 6 lbs. She said it was a "good sized" baby - in a small way. Yippee! She thinks baby will be around 7 lbs at birth. I guess her guess is as good as any one's, but I'm liking it because she's predicting a small baby for me.

That was about all with the appointment. We have our home visit with Charlotte, her assistant, and Laura (our doula) on Tuesday! It's nothing spectacular - they just come to our house so they know how to get here on Birth Day. We'll do the normal prenatal stuff here instead of at her house. It's cool that we're so close though!

1 comments:

Kristen, Randy, Samuel Janiczek February 1, 2009 at 8:49 AM  

Hi Jen! You look fantastic. Randy and I caught up on your blog today and we think it is really great how you are so green. We do a lot and try hard (as you mentioned, it isn't easy), but you two are fantastic about it. We are also very excited about the up-coming birth of baby Curran. I also used a mid-wife and avoided the use of any drugs during my labor and delivery (minus the drugs they used to induce me) and it was good, painful, of course, but good. We are thinking about you! Take care and keep in touch! - Kristen Janiczek

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP