Friday, January 2, 2009

I think I'm nesting!

So far though I just have ideas, but not a ton of motivation to carry them out! Here are my ideas:

- sell/donate our faux christmas tree and excess decorations we don't use - we're getting real ones from now on (it's way more eco-friendly to buy a real tree, by the way). Yey!
- sell/donate papasan chair that no one ever sits in to make more room for the rocker glider
- turn 2nd tub (which we don't use) into a storage area so we can utilize the office closet
- try again to sell my PhD books, and donate or recycle other books we don't use or want
- convince T.J. to pull the trigger on buying the baby's dresser soon
- organize and cull closets - we have 2 linen closets that are half-full and could be better utilized, 2 closets that sorely need to be reorganized, and the laundry closet is a disaster!
- get back to knitting and sewing for baby - I've been slacking off and I have a lot to do!

I'm also seriously considering selling or donating my wedding dress. I'm not sure yet though. The box is so big, and really, what am I going to do with it??? I don't know if it's realistic to think about trying to turn it into a baptismal gown because of the pick-ups in the skirt. Any insight on that?



Awww, just went through wedding pictures.

::tear::

Maybe I won't pull the trigger on getting rid of the dress. We'll just let DomerBaby and it's sibling(s) play dress up in it as planned if we can't use it for baptismal/communion clothes. Haha, wishy washy pregnant ladies.

OK, off to bed!

2 comments:

Renee January 2, 2009 at 11:49 AM  

i'm so glad i used my wedding gown for marlee's baptismal gown...you should reconsider :) it's much more likely to remain an heirloom that way. i'm not sure about the pickups in the skirt, but maybe they can be incorporated. my mom salvaged a box pleat when transforming mine :)

AnnaBanana January 4, 2009 at 2:50 PM  

Hm, you reminded me I STILL need to do something with my dress.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP